Tuesday, February 2, 2010 | |

2010.



Ah. I do not know where to begin.

First off, Australia. I week in, and I have begun to readjust my life to the local Aussie ways. It's been about 2 weeks now, and I have a lot of things to tell about what's going on in my life now. It's been a season of reunions with old friends, meeting new and awesome (and less than awesome) people, and trying to lead a relatively normal life as a final year student doctor in a country I'm barely acquainted with.


My ex :)


It's way different here than it is in Malaysia. Firstly, all shops close by 5pm. It's summer now, so the sun rises at 6am and sets at 9pm! So we see shops closing in broad daylight. The weather bearable even on the hottest days because it isn't humid like Malaysia. A shower a day is usually enough :D


Can't you believe it's frikkin 8pm?


It really feels awesome to be hanging out again with the old pals I met in med school when I first came to Melbourne in 2006. It been 4 years, frikkin 4 years!

1. Been hanging out a lot with a buddy of mine, Brian a.k.a. The Bulgogi Master. To be fair, he can cook up fairly awesome bulgogi. He sticks proudly to his Korean roots even though he's lived away from the motherland for more than a decade. This guy is true blue and I can see many more exciting years (and adventures) to come.


Hot Chocolate with Chillies @ Chadstone


2. I managed to hang out with some other old pals. Steph and Angela! Together with Shehara we hung out in Brunswick (or is it Fitzroy?), had a nice dinner at a vegetarian place (but I still love meat) and visited Angela's messy (an understatement) place in Carlton and played snooker along with her sis. Steph and Angela played way better than me that night (even though I first showed them how to play 4 years ago!). And I'm having my ex(guitar) back from Steph. Thanks Steph, you're awesome!


Steph and her imaginary paparazzi

Angela

3. Also got to hang out with another buddy of mine, Mano. Hung out in Clayton and went to a garage sale. We have a thing for bargains. Plus I got a poster for free. He's still one of the most funny dudes I know, and it never gets boring hanging out. Totally awesome.


This is hanging on my wall. Click to enlarge and enjoy.


4. Got to meet up with Aunt Bee Ling whom I first met at the Ong's. Went to Belmore Road Church of Christ with her family. Their worship session is in a capella and reminds me of Cornerstone COC in JB. Got acquainted with her son Cedric and his brother Nick. Cedric's a pretty cool dude. He can fix cars up and apparently went to kung fu school(how awesome is that!) Aunt Bee Ling made us satays for lunch and we played the Wii which was fun. Even though I kept losing @ Mario Kart to a 7 y.0. girl XD. And btw, I'm hearing a lot about liver flush and vitamins on both sides of the planet, thanks to Aunt Bee Ling and YOUR mum. U hear that Karyn? XD haha

So that's it for now. Next up, I'm gonna blog about what's going on at the hospitals. Lots of interesting stories so stay tuned!

P.S. This sums up my life right now








0 comments: