No shit, sherlock.
Exams are officially over and it's suddenly dawned upon me that I'm free. No more sleepless nights trying to cram in stuff from thick dusty textbooks. No more agonizing over the side effects of different drugs. Just pure ignorant bliss :)
All this free time... Apart from chilling with my buddies, there's little else I can do in JB. Soon, all my colleagues will be back in their hometowns, leaving me all alone in this godforsaken town. And the drunk will be back in Oz. Sob story. Nevertheless, friends are not hard to come by. And the best part is that you create bonds with people when you least expect it.
Perhaps I should get back to singing-songwriting. I know that it comes naturally to me and it would be a waste if I don't sharpen my abilities. I just have to pick up the guitar, strum a few chords and the rest is automatic. Sounds pretty gay, but you appreciate music best when you create it yourself.

I am really excited about going back to Melbourne at the beginning of next year. It would be hella awesome to reunite with friends I haven't seen in ages. Has the city changed much this past 4 years? I'm gonna find out. It would be summer in January so that means fun, sun, beaches, barbies and hot freshies ohh hell yeah. However, I'm starting with my aged care rotation so that means spending the best part of summer with old people. Oh well.
Which brings me to my future as a doctor. This sort of sounds depressing, but I have a notion that I would be leaving Malaysia for quite a while after I graduate. Career prospects and standard of living certainly seem greener on the other side that is Australia. If things do not change for the better in Malaysia soon, I would seriously consider getting an Australian PR and then a citizenship. It would be regrettable as I feel a deep connection with Malaysian culture, its people, food and just the nostalgia of growing up in a familiar setting. Plus, in the past few years I've been in Johor, many people I've met here have told me the same thing: "I'm hope you'll succeed in becoming a good doctor and serve the people well."
I shall, one day. I promise. To return, to lead, to make a difference.
It certainly is quite mind-blowing knowing that I'll be fully independent financially in a year. Sure, I've managed to survive on my own this past 5 years away from my family. The prospect of earning my own money, buying a car and a home, meeting new people never ceases to excite me. And finally earning the title DR after years of hard work. That would be priceless.
And the best part of it all? It's just the beginning. Life is fascinating just because it is unscripted. And full of possibilities.

0 comments:
Post a Comment